Our cosmos is made up of five basic elements i.e. – the Earth, Sky, Water, Fire and the Air.
Any imbalance in these elements brings about a discomfort outside and within the human the body. We may not feel this immediately but the change in the systems of the body makes us realize that something is wrong. Some people try to bring equality or balance by objective means like Meditation, Reiki, Pranik-Healing, Kundalini-Awakening etc. This helps to accelerate the movement of the energy and this brings about results.
By following the principles of Vaastu also, laid down by the ancient Indian scholars, we try to do away with negative energy, mental agony and achieve mental peace. By implementing the Vaastu remedies, numerous health problems have been mitigated from the lives of people around the globe since human energy is affected by many things including lighting, colours, plants, the placement of furniture, and very much, by the shape and size of a building and the materials which are used.
People working in buildings based on Vaastu principles find that their thoughts are clear and creatively, make better decisions, feel happier and healthier. They feel more alert and refreshed throughout the day and experience less stress finding greater peace of mind. They have improved communication at all levels, have enhanced problem solving abilities, improve working performance and improve their financial abilities and prospects.
Vaastu provides a set of principles for the general layout, furniture placement and interior decor of the built environment – including landscaping, gardens, car parks, storage facilities etc. These principles produce a balancing and harmonizing affect on the environment and its inhabitants.
Here are few basic rules that are stated in the ancient books of Vaastu are discussed below for ensuring good health.
- Never keep your head toward north while sleeping, prefer keeping it towards south or east only, to achieve peaceful and restful sleep for healthy life.
- Face, either North or east while working, studying or negotiating with clients. It helps increase sharp memory resulting in ability to take proper and faster decisions and at right time.
- Avoid facing South or South-West while cooking, eating or drinking. Your face should preferably be towards East/West for better taste, digestion & healthy body. Having door at the back while cooking may lead to back-ache, pain in the legs, shoulders and even cervical.
- To have better concentration & devotion while worshipping for your face should be towards East or West.
- Keep basil (Tulsi) in house to purify the air. Avoid Cactus, Rubber plants, Milky plants and Bonsai plants in the house as they add to your tension, illness and stunted growth of the children.
- Construction of stairs, toilet or kitchen in North-East corner of the property may lead to cancer and brain related disorders. In such cases it has been reported that it retards the growth of small children in the family.
- Never sit or work or sleep under a beam, it many cause depression, headache or loss of memory.
- To avoid any health problem related to Heart & Brain, prefer wooden beds without storage space and avoid sleeping on metal beds.
- Any place that is constantly damp or smells of dampness, even without any trace of the cause, is considered to an area of negative energy. As per Vaastu one should not stay in such structure.
- Is there any tree facing your main door or window? This could result in poor health of family members. Place a convex mirror on the outer wall that is facing the tree to minimize its effect.
- To minimize disorders related to heart and nervous system, avoid usage of the space below the staircase for bathroom, toilet, pantry or even for closed store.
- The colour of the roof and the walls should never be same as it leads to irritation and short temperament.
- Swimming pools or any other underground water bodies should be constructed in North, East or North-East of the plot. Having them in South-East may cause trouble to male children or wife of the owner.
Studies have shown that good health and vaastu are closely related. It is an established fact that the Earth has a magnetic field. Some of the radiation from the Earth is beneficial while some are hazardous. The ancient science of Vaastu is based on realistic energy effects, be it solar, magnetic, radiation or sound energy in the cosmos.
If we adopt the principles of Vaastu in our residence and work place, these immense energies of Almighty God begin to support us.